I'm half Irish, so it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't do at least one St.Patrick's Day post. I love to celebrate the holiday watching movies (see my recommendation below), baking Irish Soda Bread, cooking a corned beef & cabbage dinner, and crafting. These paper plate shamrocks are a great kids craft and are a great way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
- Paper Plates
- Striped paper straw
- Spearmint Gelato®
Instructions to make a Shamrock from Paper Plates:
- Have your children color the paper plates with the Spearmint Gelato®. They are easy to use and can applied like crayons, rubbed in with a paper towel, and/or smear the color around with a wet paint brush. Once the plates are colored, allow them to dry (if used a water application).
- Fold the paper plate in half, and the in half again.
- Cut a heart shape out along the top of the folded plate.
- Unfold. Leave as is for a four leaf clover or cut one of the quarters out for a simple shamrock shape.
- Glue plate onto paper straw and then glue a ribbon onto it.
- Use the shamrocks as a centerpiece for your St. Patrick's Day dinner.
And speaking of St. Patrick's Day…I thought I would share a list of my favorite movies to watch during this time of year:
What about you? What is your favorite St. Patrick's Day movie?