- Tea Towel, just purchase an inexpensive towel!
- Cotton duck cloth cut to 4.5” x the width of your tea towel, plus ½”
- Tulip Fabric Markers
- Ric Rac cut to the width of your tea towel plus ½”
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Using fabric markers, draw a design onto the cotton duck cloth. If you think you can’t draw, use stencils. Make sure you write the hostess’s name into the design somewhere. Or write a thank you message and note the date of the event. Then the hostess will always remember that she received that towel for her 2012 Holiday Bash!
- With a hot iron, press the top and bottom edges of duck cloth down to the back to form a ¼” fold.
- Lay your duck cloth, design side up, onto the front of the tea towel. Place it towards the bottom, 2” from the edge.
- Lay the ric rac under the cotton duck cloth at the top and bottom edges, allowing half of it to show. Pin everything in place.
- Sew the ric rac, and duck cloth onto the tea towel.
- Press and clip any duck cloth or ric rac that is hanging over the side of the tea towel.
Fold the sides of the tea towel under a ¼”-towards the back of the towel. Press and stitch.
For more great last minute gift ideas like this, get the Quick & Easy Creativity: Last Minute Gift Ideas ebook. Use code KD50OFF to get $2 off the purchase price-which makes it a great deal at $1.99!!!! Offer is good through December 24, 2012.