Here's a last minute craft for Halloween. Cute Trick or Treat Bags! I created these for the Creating with Joy blog. I think they would be cute to pass out to your family-based on whether they were naughty nice. I'm thinking of handing them out at breakfast on Halloween morning. The big question is, who will get the treat bag and who will get the trick bag?
- Joy Embroidered Letters
- Embroidery floss and needle
Instructions for for one bag:
- Cut 2 pieces of felt measuring 5.5"x 9".
- Cut a ghost shape out of white felt. Decide if your ghost is naughty (trick) or nice (treat) and stitch a happy (treat) or scary (trick) ghost face onto the shape.
- Iron the Joy Letters onto the felt to spell out TRICK or TREAT. Note: Felt can melt! Set your iron at a low setting and use a pressing cloth over the letters when ironing them on to felt. If you don't want to iron the letters on, you can use fabric glue instead.
- Once your letters are ironed-on, stitch your ghost onto the bag, then stitch the front and back sides of the bag together using a whip stitch. I got fancy and first stitched with black embroidery floss and then went back and stitched with white.
- Fill your favor bag with candy or spiders and tie closed with a ribbon.
If you like to make Halloween treat bags, you might also like these posts!