I love to embroider, but I'm an impatient crafter and get really bored if I have to satin stitch an entire monogram, so I used Joy letters instead of stitching the monogram myself. (I know! I'm a total cheater!) I just iron-oned the letter, embroidered some pretty embellishments around it, and the project was done in less than 30 minutes.
- Joy iron-on embroidered letter
- Small white frame
- Small piece of linen
- Embroidery floss in green and red
- Green felt
1. Mark your frame size on your piece of linen. Center your monogram and iron-on.
2. Embroider vines around the sides of the monogram, then attach small felt leaves to the vines with a straight stitch.
3. Embroider french knots for berries/flower buds around the leaves and vines.
4. Once you are happy with the design, cut out the embroidered area from the linen and slip it into your frame.
Disclaimer: This post originally appeared on the Creating with Joy blog where I am a design team member and receive compensation and product in exchange for my projects and posts. The design and my comments are my own.