It's the most wonderful time of the year…the time when EVERY SINGLE FOOD ITEM is pumpkin-spiced.
But seriously, I do like the occassional pumpkin treat in the fall and a few days ago I made Pumpkin Pasta and had some pumpkin leftover, so I whipped up some mini-loaves of pumpkin bread. I used the Wilton 8-Cavity Mini Loaf Pan. Which is a really great purchase because you can use any quick bread recipe and it will perfectly fit in the mini-loaf pan! Yay! You just need to adjust the cook times down if you are doing mini-loaves instead of using a regular size bread pan.
These yummy loaves make a great fall snack. I like to offer them with sliced apples (or applesauce) and a handful of nuts. I'm thinking a little crumbled blue cheese would go with these too. What would you serve them with?
Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (the real stuff please!)
- 6 tablespoons of butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, one at time.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk mixture, alternating the flour and milk mixtures. Begin and end with the flour mixtures.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or a mini-loaf pan.
- Bake in oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Approx. 1 hour for a loaf pan or 25-30 minutes for the mini-loaf pan.
Can't get enough pumpkin? Try my other pumpkin based recipes.
Disclaimer: The mini loaf pan link is an affiliate link. I will receive a small commission if you order via this link. I use affiliate programs to help contribute financially to my family. Thanks for your patronage.